if you are wanting something SUPER rich and SUPER chocolatey AND you want to feel good about your eating a cookie… or two… or three…
these avocado chocolate cookies are for YOU.
i got the idea from this recipe on sprouted fig. i don’t do sugar, even coconut sugar, right now though.
here’s how i adjusted it to be low carb (if you are a trim healthy mama, it would be an S):
2 avocados, ripe
1/2 cup sweetener, like Gentle Sweet or Truvia
1 doonk of THM Stevia (substitute other brands at your own risk. others can have strange aftertastes for me.)
1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate powder
4 oz 85% dark chocolate chips/chunks
1 teaspoon baking soda
i used sproutedfig’s cooking instructions.
- Preheat oven to 175°C / 350° F.
- In a bowl using a hand mixer (or make everything in a food processor), mix together avocado and coconut sugar until smooth. Add in the egg. (<– i used a food processor. super easy.)
- Mix in the cocoa powder and baking soda.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Using two spoons place dollops of cookie dough in a baking sheet with parchment paper. The cookie won’t spread as much as usual cookies when baking, so make sure to flatten them out a bit with the back of the spoon. (<– i used a cookie scoop and used coconut oil spray on a cookie sheet and skipped the parchment. no problem getting them off.)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies don’t stick as much to the paper as they did before baking. (<– i did 10. they will look BURNT. but they aren’t, i promise. they are actually SUPER moist.)
- Cool down. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
the hubs and i have observed that they taste better after they have cooled down. the batter tastes really sweet, the warm cookies not so much… and the cooled down cookies seem to have a proper sweetness proportion. of course, sweetness is a personal preference, so proceed to add or take away as you would like.
hope you enjoy!
*VARIATION: of course, if you want to try different combos, one of my hubs’ favorites is to drop 4-5 drops of Young Living’s peppermint essential oil in there! OH MY HEAD! sooooo good!*